As we work through resuming ministry, we will post updates here about what's going to resume and when and any restrictions or precautions that will be necessary. As of June, the only thing we are resuming are in-person worship services on the weekends. You can read more about that on our Reopening page. Below are some answers to preliminary questions about what the future holds, with more to come. If you have a question you don’t see addressed, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What procedures are in place for our safety?
- We will continue to follow state and CDC guidance by asking everyone in attendance (age 3 or older) to wear a mask or face covering.
- We will maintain distancing in our seating arrangements.
- A ticket will be required for each person attending a service. The tickets are free! But they are a great way to reserve your spot and give us a headcount so we can be sure we fulfill the requirements of limited capacity. Tickets for each weekend will be available during the week prior.
- No outside food or drink will be allowed as we seek to maintain facial coverings and minimize the chance something is left behind that a volunteer needs to clean up.
What about cleaning and sanitizing?
We were able to get 29 hand sanitizing stations that we have positioned around all of our campuses. Our facilities crew has thoroughly cleaned all of our buildings and we will continue to do so as the buildings are used.
Will small groups be allowed to meet before bigger weekend gatherings are allowed?
At this time, we do not have plans to open our buildings back up to groups of 10 or less. We encourage community groups and Bible studies to meet in homes or outdoors at this time as we are continuing to prepare our buildings and determine the wisest way to welcome people back.
When will kids and student ministry meet again?
Kids & student programming will not start right away as we continue to follow guidance on social distancing. When we do gather, we invite families to sit together in worship services. In the meantime, our kids and student ministry teams are working on ways to keep in touch with your families and provide quality resources. They are also working on plans for restarting their physical gatherings, and we’ll post here when we know more.
What’s the plan for communion and the offering?
We strongly encourage online or text giving to streamline the whole process and reduce points of contact. We have also transitioned from passing an offering plate to stationing giving boxes around the sanctuary so you can drop in your offering without touching a shared object. We are also finalizing plans to serve communion without passing a tray.
What's Been Rescheduled?
- The Women's Retreat has been rescheduled again for March 26-28, 2021. All funds paid into the weekend originally planned for March 2020 will be applied to this new date.
- Iron Sharpens Iron is rescheduled for November 7, 2020.
- Zambia work trip has been moved to October. More details will come over the next few months.
Also if you are interested in joining a community group at this time, that is still possible! Gathering with a few other believers might be just what you need to continue through this difficult season. Please email Kim Smith to see how you can get connected.