This will be a FUN opportunity to help support kids attending camp over the next year. A 3-on-3 basketball tournament combined with with a fundraiser and an awesome outdoor community event called the End of Summer Bash.
- Ages 16 and up
- This is a co-ed, competitive 3 on 3 tournament.
- Wear a team color of your choice (Pinnies will be available if needed)
- 1st place prize - awarded back your registration fee + $100.
- 2nd place prize - awarded back your registration fee.
Referee and Score Keeper Volunteers Needed! CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP.
Have something you'd like to donate to the basket raffle? Contact Marshall Brady for more information.
Official Tournament Rules
- Each team shall consist of 4 players (3 players on the court and 1 substitute)
- The game shall cnsist of 1 or 2 referees and time/score keepers
- A coin flip shall determine which team gets the first possession
- Every successful shot inside the arc shall be awarded 1 point
- Every successful shot behind the arc shall be awarded 2 points
- Every successful free throw shall be awarded 1 point
The regular playing time shall be one period of 15 minutes playing time or the first team to score 15 points
- If the score is tied at the end of playing time, an extra period of time will be played. There shall be a break of 1 minute before the overtime starts. The first team to score 2 points in the overtime wins the game.
- One 30 second time out per game
- A team shall lose the game by forfeit if at the scheduled starting time the team is not present on the playing court with 3 players ready to play. In case of a forfeit, the game score is marked with w-0 or 0-w (“w” standing for win).
- A team shall lose by default if it leaves the court before the end of the game or all the players of the team are injured and/or disqualified.
- A team losing by default or a forfeit will be disqualified from the competition.
- A team is in a penalty situation after it has committed 6 fouls. After a team has reached 9 team fouls, any subsequent foul will be considered technical.
- Fouls during the act of shooting inside the arc shall be awarded 1 free throw, whilst fouls during the act of shooting behind the arc shall be awarded 2 free throws.
- Fouls during the act of shooting followed by a successful field goal shall be awarded 1 additional free throw.
- Team fouls 7, 8 and 9 shall always be awarded with 2 free throws. The 10th and any subsequent team foul as well as technical and unsportsmanlike fouls will be always awarded with 2 free throws and ball possession.
- Possession is kept after the last free throw derived from an unsportsmanlike or technical foul and the game shall continue with an exchange of the ball behind the arc at the top of the court.
How the ball is played
- A change of possession will be made after each score
- The offensive team will “check” the ball to start play
- The offensive team must pass the ball into play and cannot dribble or shoot first
- In the event of a jump ball situation, the defensive team shall be awarded the ball.
The clock will stop only for the following reasons:
- If a foul is committed
- Free throws
- Out of bounds
- Substitutions (which can be made by either team at the change of possession or any clock stoppage)
- A player committing two unsportsmanlike fouls will be disqualified from the game by the referees and from the event by the organizer. Independent thereof, the organizer will disqualify the player(s) concerned from the event for acts of violence, verbal or physical aggression, or interference in game results. The organizer may also disqualify the entire team from the event depending on the other team members' contribution (also through non-action) to the aforementioned behavior.