MOTIVATE: A OneFitness Challenge
Sports and Fitness ministry invites you to sign up for this personal challenge to better your health as we work together to discover wholeness in Jesus! We believe physical health is a key part of wholeness, and we want to encourage you to take your next step.
MOTIVATE is a three-month challenge that will offer you fitness classes, nutrition classes, an accountability partner striving for the same goal you are, and a motivation coach to keep you and your accountability partner going.
MOTIVATE runs from January 5 to April 5, 2020
Orientation: Sunday, January 5 @ 8-9 am in the Quads at McKinley
Closing Ceremony/Banquet: Sunday, April 5 @ 12-1:30 pm in the Quads at McKinley
Here’s how it works:
1. Set your goal. When you register, you’ll commit to one or two fitness goals. You can choose from:
- Lose weight
- Build muscle
- Discipline physical activity
- Discipline eating habits
2. We’ll pair you with an accountability partner who is another participant working toward the same goal you are. Together you can decide how to measure your progress and how you’ll work toward your goal.
3. Choose the classes that are right for you. View complete class schedule here.
- We’ll run fitness classes at the Hub for aerobics, P90x, stretching and more
- We’ve partnered with the Defensive Arts Dojo in Hamburg to offer MOTIVATE participants access to three of their classes: Martial Fusion, Total Tabata and AMPD Fusion.
- We’ll also offer three nutrition classes during MOTIVATE
- Check out the class descriptions here.
4. Connect with a motivation coach. Motivation coaches are volunteer leaders with some expertise in each of the goals. Your motivation coach will work with you and your accountability partner to figure out what’s working, what’s not, and how you can get the most out of this experience. If you’d like to be a motivation coach, please email Bjorn Webb.
If you have any questions, please contact our Sports & Fitness Director Bjorn Webb.