Membership at Watermark Wesleyan means we are inviting baptized believers who profess Jesus Christ as their Savior to belong to the church and actively participate as members. If Watermark Wesleyan is your church, strongly consider becoming a member. Membership is a way to say you’re committed to be present and to be an active part of the difference Watermark is making in the Southtowns, across WNY and around the world.
Requirements for Membership
The Wesleyan Denomination requires several commitments of those who are members of the Church.
- Regular Weekend Service Attendance
- Baptism (see available dates below)
- Financial Support through tithe/offering (no required or set amount)
- Support the ministry of the church through serving (volunteering) regularly.
- Although not a requirement for Wesleyan Denomination Membership, we ask that members actively participate in a Community Group.
There is only one level of membership now in the Wesleyan Church. (There is no longer a covenant and community separation).
The Wesleyan Church asks that we renew membership yearly.
Dates and information to know:
- Applications for membership will be accepted through June 23. In order to be voting members of Watermark Wesleyan, you must attend the Membership class. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Next NEW MEMBERS CLASS: Sunday, June 30 - 12:30-3:00pm | Former Library near Door 1 at McKinley. Lunch will be provided. PLEASE REGISTER HERE for the class. Childcare is being offered if you preregister and note that as a need on the form.
- Next Baptism: April 27-28 CLICK HERE for more information and to register. Please note this is a "planned" baptism that will require registration ahead of time.
“WE ARE” is a series of 7 messages that you can view HERE. This series is a comprehensive look at what it means to be Wesleyan and how we’ve applied that here at Watermark Wesleyan. It is strongly recommended viewing for anyone considering membership here.
Leadership Board of Administration Nomination Process
The Board: The Leadership Board of Administration (LBA) is the committee of the church that serves to love the church and guide it’s mission along side the pastors and staff through prayer, wisdom and service.
The Board members currently include:
Pastor Ken Nash (Lead Pastor and Board Chair), Kristen Farrell (Vice Chair), Larry Goble (Secretary), Mark Banks, Andrea Bubar, Pastor Jim Clements, Pastor Paul Gartley, Graham Hayes, John Lee, Elvin Morton, Carrie Whitcher
Nominations: The board is currently accepting nominations for the 2019 term. Generally there is a 4-year term of commitment. We are seeking 3-4 board members. Due Date: April 22, 2019
How: Use this form or obtain help submitting a nomination at the welcome center or church office or designated place at your campus.
Nominator: The nominee themselves or someone with permission to nominate the nominee.
Biblical: 1 Timothy 3:1-13, Titus 1:5-9, Acts 6:1-6, “…known to be full of the Spirit and wisdom.”
Wesleyan Doctrinal: Be an official member of the church or willing to become one and agree to the Guides and Helps for Holy Living during Board term.
Attend 6-12 meetings yearly including committee meetings (current full board meetings are every other month on Wednesdays, 6:00-10:00pm)
Have support of family
Be willing to be contacted and to represent the church, church board and the Lord in public settings which may include talking to congregants, ministry partners, vendors, etc.
Nominees will be contacted by the end of April and invited to talk and pray with a board member about serving on the LBA. Those who subsequently wish to move through the process will be considered by the board, Pastor Nash, and then ultimately put to a vote of the membership of the church.